2023 Torlesse Sauvignon Blanc
- Grapes are from the McKenzie and Waipara Fields Vineyards located at latitude 43° South, 60 KM north of Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand.
- The soils vary from free draining terrace sites to the heavier clay loams on the higher terrace, all the terrain is gently undulating. The average age of the Sauvignon Blanc vines varies from 17 to 25 years.
- Machine Harvested in early April
- Harvest brix ranged from 21 to 22 Brix [% sugar]
- Pressing, then cold settling was followed by fermentation in stainless steel tanks and barriques
- Alcohol 12.0 % by volume
- Acid 7.0 gm/L [as tartaric]
- Residual Sugar 5 gm/L
- 1000 cases
The wine making intent is to focus on the distinctive passion fruit and citrus flavours that make New Zealand Sauvignon
Blanc an icon wine style.
The vineyards different terraces each impart their own distinctive character, the structure of the wine reflects the soil type,
the heavier soils provide body and structure, the lighter soils add fresh aromatics and a hint of mineral character. This
wine represents the best expression of fruit driven flavours from 2022 which was one of the best ever vintages in
Waipara. Enjoy with chicken, pork, seafood or vegetarian dishes.