2023 Torlesse Rose
- Waipara is a premium quality wine making region located in the South Island of New Zealand, 60 km north of Christchurch.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Riesling grapes from the McKenzie vineyard produce this fresh fruity style.
- The soils are free draining terrace sites.
- Machine Harvested in early May
- Harvest brix ranged from 21 to 22 Brix [% sugar]
- Pressing, then cold settling was followed by
- Fermentation in stainless steel tanks and barriques
- Alcohol 12.5 % by volume
- Acid 7.0 gm/L [as tartaric]
- Residual Sugar 6 gm/L
- 250 cases produced
** CHECKOUT by clicking the shopping cart icon at the top right of the screen **
The grapes are from The McKenzie Vineyard’s Weka Terraces.
This wine represents the best expression of fruit driven flavours from the 2022 vintage. The wine is a blend
of Cabernet Sauvignon and Riesling to produce the freshness of a white with the added body, complexity
and the striking colour from Cabernet Sauvignon. A lifted fruit driven aroma and a fresh juicy palate with a
crisp finish make this a perfect patio wine ideal for lunch or warm daylight saving evenings. However this
wine has body and flavor and can be a great match with more serious cuisine at any time.
Screw top closure is used to preserve fresh fruit flavours and to allow the wine to age gracefully and reach
its full potential with no bottle-to-bottle variation.